The Claymore Times
~ All The News That’s Fit To Drink ~
Glen Grant 25 Year Old ( LCBO # 204081)
Here’s a wee suggestion for St Valentine’s day; buy your significant other a stunning 25yo Glen Grant whisky. It can be found at 19 LCBO stores in Ontario at a cost of $159 which will make your gift rather special.
Glen Grant Distillery was the first of five to be built in the town of Rothes. It was built by John & James Grant, two brothers who had previously been involved in illicit distilling.
The Glen Grant stills are a unique shape with an almost square section between the pot and the neck, this, together with purifiers on the lyne arms, contributes, to Glen Grant’s light, gentle character. Glen Grant is one of the world’s biggest selling Malt Whiskies, with Italy being a significant market.
Nose: Sherry, fruity – bruised apples with rum toffee notes. Polished leather aromas also present.
Palate: Cereal and nutty (almonds and walnuts) elements with burnt flavours, Sherry more evident now.
Nose: Fruity as before with developing cherry liqueur aromas. Sherry wood.
Palate: Drying with charred wood, fruitcake and Sherry flavours. Treacle toffee notes.
Finish: Clean drying
Cask type(s): First Fill and Refill Sherry Casks.
Colour: Golden brown.
Region: Rothes. Speyside.
Water Source: Caperdonich Well.
Locations for Glen Grant 25 yo (LCBO # 204081)
1. TORONTO-CENTRAL 10 SCRIVENER SQUARE
YONGE & SUMMERHILL
2. TORONTO-CENTRAL 2 COOPER STREET
QUEENS QUAY & YONGE
3. WINDSOR 3165 HOWARD AVENUE
HOWARD & E.C. ROW EXPWY (ROUNDHOUSE CTR)
4. TORONTO-NORTH YORK 2901 BAYVIEW AVENUE
BAYVIEW & SHEPPARD (BAYVIEW VILLAGE)
5. OAKVILLE 321 CORNWALL DRIVE
CORNWALL & TRAFALGAR
6. OTTAWA 275 RIDEAU STREET
RIDEAU & KING EDWARD
7. TORONTO-NORTH YORK 2625D WESTON ROAD
HWY 401 & WESTON (CROSSROADS)
8. TORONTO-CENTRAL 232 DUPONT STREET
DUPONT & SPADINA
9. KINGSTON 34 BARRACK STREET
BARRACK & KING
10. BRANTFORD 50 MARKET STREET SOUTH
MARKET SOUTH & ICOMM
11. TORONTO-ETOBICOKE 2946 BLOOR STREET WEST
BLOOR & ROYAL YORK (KINGSWAY)
12. WOODBRIDGE 7850 WESTON ROAD
HWY 7 & WESTON
13. TORONTO-NORTH YORK 675 WILSON AVENUE
WILSON & DUFFERIN
14. TORONTO-NORTH YORK 1838-1844 AVENUE ROAD
AVENUE & LAWRENCE
15. TORONTO-CENTRAL 200 BAY STREET SOUTH,
FRONT & BAY (ROYAL BANK PLAZA)
16. TORONTO-CENTRAL 415 KING STREET WEST
KING & SPADINA
17. RICHMOND HILL 8783 YONGE STREET
YONGE & HWY 7
18. TORONTO-CENTRAL 55 BLOOR STREET WEST
BAY & BLOOR (MANULIFE CENTRE)
19. TORONTO-CENTRAL FIRST CANADIAN PLACE
BAY & KING (FIRST CANADIAN PLACE)
I just purchased a 70yo Mortlach (oldest whisky in the world), I’ll keep you posted upon its arrival.
Global Operations Director
Claymore Imports Inc.